The New Mexico Wing of the Civil Air Patrol is inviting participation in a new squadron in Los Lunas.
CAP is an all-volunteer non-profit auxiliary of the United States Air Force (see GoCivilAirPatrol.com ). Members may wear the Air Force uniform, but are civilians who do not fight and are not permitted to participate in law enforcement.
CAP has three missions:
• Disaster relief and emergency services
• Cadet program for boys and girls (age 12 minimum)
• Aerospace education for cadets and adults.
The Cadet Program will be the initial focus of this squadron, encompassing:
• Aerospace education
• Military drill
• Physical fitness
• Moral and ethical awareness
• Cadet orientation flights (both airplane and glider)
• Cadets are encouraged to attend a week-long summer encampment
• CAP does not recruit for military services
At this time, CAP is looking for at least eight to 10 interested men and women to join CAP and help organize the squadron. Once the individuals have completed some initial training, the cadet program will be initiated.
Interested persons are asked to call Lt. Col. Luisada at 505-433-4343.
The Valencia County News-Bulletin is a locally owned and operated community newspaper, dedicated to serving Valencia County since 1910 through the highest journalistic and professional business standards. The VCNB is published weekly on Thursdays, including holidays both in print and online.