A 42-year-old Los Lunas woman was arrested in connection with a bank robbery in Socorro on Thursday.
Carmen Tull was transported by the FBI to Albuquerque for processing.
The New Mexico Educators Federal Credit Union was robbed at about 10 a.m. on Thursday, with an undetermined amount of cash taken, a news release from the FBI said.
The robber left the bank and was observed by witnesses getting into a grey sedan. The robber was described as wearing a demin shirt and pants and a black facial covering, the release said.
A Socorro Police Department officer stopped a similar vehicle and recovered cash and a black facial covering.
The FBI said Tull is a suspect in several other robberies, including:
- June 1, Bank of Albuquerque, 634 Becker in Belen.
- Aug. 6, Bank of America in Socorro.
- Aug. 28, State National Bank in Socorro.
- Sept. 17, New Mexico Educators Federal Credit Union in Socorro.
- Sept. 13, Ranchers Bank, 328 Main in Los Lunas.
- Oct. 1, Ranchers Bank in Moriarty.
The Valencia County News-Bulletin is a locally owned and operated community newspaper, dedicated to serving Valencia County since 1910 through the highest journalistic and professional business standards. The VCNB is published weekly on Thursdays, including holidays both in print and online.