Superintendent Danny Burnett on Tuesday publicly thanked local legislators Kandy Cordova, Michael Sanchez and Fred Luna for their help in obtaining capital outlay moneys for the district.
“Their support moved the governor to sign,” he said.
The district received funding to add baseball and softball lights, a swimming pool cover and a teacher resource center, as well as equipment.
“We owe those folks a thank you for their effort in Santa Fe. It’s nice to have the legislature bring revenue to the district.”
- Construction is under way at the Career Academy and the new Century High School. “I’m very pleased with what is going on and the quality construction. At Century, there will be two day care areas, a nursery for toddlers, a babies playground, food preparation area.”
- With no administrative shuffles, the following principals have been rehired, pending funding for the 2002-2003 academic school year.
- Sharon Haught, Century High School.
- Claire Fenton, provost at Career Academy.
- Bernard Saiz, Los Lunas Middle School.
- Michelle Osowksi, Manzano Vista Middle School.
- Jim Snell, Daniel Fernandez Intermediate.
- Genie Moore, Desert View Intermediate.
- George Jackson, Raymond Gabaldon Intermediate.
- Angela Griego, Ann Parish Elementary.
- Mildred Chavez, Katherine Gallegos Elementary.
- Armando Otero, Los Lunas Elementary.
- Margie Aragon, Mariposa Elementary.
- June Pederson, Peralta Elementary.
- Diana Padilla-Harris, Tomé Elementary.
- Johnna Storey, Valencia Elementary.
- Steven Parker, principal of Bosque Farms Elementary, has not yet been rehired because his evaluation has not been completed.
- Rex Henington, principal of Los Lunas High School didn’t need to be recommended because he was rehired last year for three years.
The Valencia County News-Bulletin is a locally owned and operated community newspaper, dedicated to serving Valencia County since 1910 through the highest journalistic and professional business standards. The VCNB is published weekly on Thursdays, including holidays both in print and online.