The 2002 UFO Crash at Aztec Symposium will feature two days of lectures and other events from March 22 to 24.
The Aztec Incident is a rural legend which claims that an UFO crash could have occurred near Aztec on or around March 25, 1948, about nine months after the well-known Roswell Incident.
Among the speakers will be:
- Linda Moulton Howe, investigative journalist, author and radio personality, detailing new information on the Aztec Incident.
- Stanton Friedman, author of “Top Secret/MAJIC,” details a group formed in 1947 by President Harry Truman to deal with saucer crashes.
- Jim Marrs, an authority on the JFK assassination and author of “Alien Agenda” and “Rule by Secrecy,” which traces the hidden history that connects modern secret societies to ancient mysteries.
- John Schuessler, director of information for MUFON.
- Karl Flock, author of “Roswell: Inconvenient Facts and the Will to Believe.”
- Stan Gordon, investigator of UFO and Bigfoot phenomena.
- Dennis Balthaser, UFO investigator and researcher.
There’ll be a kickoff dinner and awards ceremony for a writing contest, an Alien Run mountain bike competition, a play festival and the sale of many souvenirs.
Another rural legend, that of the “Farmington Armada,” alleges that for three consecutive days in 1950, many witnessed strange craft hovering in the skies over nearby Farmington.
Among the more interesting topics will be “How the War on Terror Interrupted Extraterrestrial Contact,” presented by Jim Marrs from 10:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
It’s sponsored by the Friends of the Aztec Public Library. A stargaze event will be ongoingfrom 7:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. on Friday, March 22, at Aztec High School.
Tours of the crash site will be given on Saturday, March 23, from 10 a.m. to noon and 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. The area is located about 10 miles north of Aztec.
For information, call (505) 334-9890.
The Valencia County News-Bulletin is a locally owned and operated community newspaper, dedicated to serving Valencia County since 1910 through the highest journalistic and professional business standards. The VCNB is published weekly on Thursdays, including holidays both in print and online.