Voters will go to the polls between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. on Tuesday, April 9, to vote on a $5 million bond issue requested by the University of New Mexico-Valencia Campus.
The bond would be used to add a 20,000-square-foot classroom building to the campus, provide new anatomy labs for a pre-health science program, expand the student services complex and add to computer labs.
“Our students need access to the best education and the best facilities right here,” said Reinaldo Garcia, dean of instruction. “We are completely maxed out when it comes to using our existing computer labs.”
He said there is no longer enough space in the student services center for the staff to work.
There would also be improvements to parking lots, upgrades to comply with the Americans With Disabilities Act and redoing of sidewalks.
The bond would not increase property taxes but would replace bonds that are expiring.
Voters will cast ballots in Valencia County as well as in some precincts in northern Socorro County.
Here is a list of polling places:
- Precincts 1 and 3, Los Lunas Elementary School.
- Precincts 2, 12 and 17, Los Lunas Schools administration building.
- Precincts 5 and 14, Peralta Elementary School.
- Precincts 6, 15 and 16, Ann Parish Elementary School.
- Precincts 4, 9, 11 and 18, Bosque Farms Rodeo Arena.
- Precincts 10 and 36, Daniel Fernandez Intermediate School.
- Precincts 8 and portions of 30 and 32, Tomé Parish Hall.
- Precinct 13, Isleta Head Start.
- Precinct 28, Meadow Lake Community Center.
- Precincts 21 and 22, Central Elementary School.
- Precincts 23, 25 and 27, Jaramillo Elementary School.
- Precincts 24 and 26, south annex of the First Baptist Church of Belen.
- Precincts 31 and 33, Gil Sanchez Elementary School.
- Precinct 20, Romero Country Store.
- Precinct 32, Adelino Head Start.
- Precincts 29, 30 and 34, First Presbyterian Church of Belen.
- Precinct 35, Rio Grande Elementary School.
- Precincts, 7, 19 and 37, Dennis Chavez Elementary School.
- Socorro County precincts 16 and 16A, La Promesa Elemen-tary School.
Residents of Las Maravillas portion of Precincts 30 and 32 who are in the Los Lunas School district vote at Tomé Parish Hall.