Serving size: 1/2 cup
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large eggplant, peeled if desired, cut into 1-inch pieces (1 large = 6 cups)
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano (undrained)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add eggplant; cook 10 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add undrained tomatoes, salt and pepper to skillet; cook 2 minutes or until hot.
- Sprinkle with cheese and serve.
(Recipes courtesy of the New Mexico State University’s Cooperative Extension Service iCAN Program.)